Well, I finally have the Christmas decorations completely put away. I always feel sad taking them down. It just seems to go so fast, and I feel this more and more as my kids get older. Christmas was really special this year because it was the first year that Alivia really understood it. In fact, she just cannot get over the fact that it is over. Even today, she was singing a Christmas song. Alex did the same thing when he was this age. Santa was very good to the kids again this year. Despite the fact that I'm pretty sure that Alex is the first name on Santa's naughty list. Speaking of the LIST, Alivia watched Dora's Christmas Carol several times this year. If you haven't seen it, believe me...it's riveting. Anyhow, Swiper is on the naughty list. This really sunk in with Alivia this year. Any time we went grocery shopping and I pulled my grocery list out she grabbed it and began checking it for names.
Although I am sad that Christmas is over, I am glad that January is heading on it's way out. I really hate the cold and snow. The winter gloom descends over me. I have a hard time staying motivated to do anything when it is ugly and gray outside. I do think the undisturbed snow is pretty, but it doesn't remain that way for long and then it gets dirty and ugly too. So, I am ready for the warm weather again.
Work and my coursework are keeping me busy as usual. I know that one day, I will look back on this time and feel like I accomplished something. Right now, though, it is really hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel.





No comments:
Post a Comment